Black Sheep Badazzes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Black Sheep Badazzes

Discussion of General topics.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ann Rule's true crime nonfiction books

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe (chiplover)

Joe (chiplover)

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2007-05-07

Ann Rule's true crime nonfiction books Empty
PostSubject: Ann Rule's true crime nonfiction books   Ann Rule's true crime nonfiction books Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 4:58 pm

Since everyone on here already knows that I like to read, then you shouldn't be surprised that I also like reading true crime novels. I've read Mark Fuhrman's Murder In Greenwich, Mara Leveritt's Devil's Knot: The True Story Of The West Memphis Three, and of course, Vincent Bugliosi's Helter Skelter.

The true crime novels I've read the most, though, were written by Ann Rule. Some of her books have even been turned into movies on TV, most notably The Stranger Beside Me, which was about her working with the police on their hotline while they were looking the man murdering college girls in Seattle back in the early 70s. The "stranger" helping her man the phones? None other then the man who was doing the killings, Ted Bundy.

Her current book, entitled Too Late To Say Goodbye, is about the murder of Jennifer Corbin by her husband, Dr. Bart Corbin, and the reopening of another case that involved him, the death of Dorothy "Dolly" Hearn. I'm about halfway through this book right now. It has all the makings of something you'd see in a movie or television show, except it's very much real.

Ann Rule's other books that I've read include Green River, Running Red, about the Green River Killer and his many victims; Heart Full Of Lies, about a woman who killed her husband, who was nothing but devoted to her; Every Breath You Take, about a woman who was murdered by her ex-husband, and specifically asked for Ann Rule to tell her story if anything should happen to her; ...And Never Let Her Go, about Thomas Capano and the women he killed; and If You Really Loved Me about a computer genius millionaire who manipulated his own daughter(!) into killing his wife.

These books are excellent reading, but very disturbing at times. Still, I recommend you guys to give her a try, if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
rockbabe ~ Joey

rockbabe ~ Joey

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-05-07

Ann Rule's true crime nonfiction books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann Rule's true crime nonfiction books   Ann Rule's true crime nonfiction books Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 1:55 am

I have read several of Ann Rules books, very interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down

Ann Rule's true crime nonfiction books
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Sheep Badazzes :: Books and Movies :: Books to Read!-
Jump to: