Black Sheep Badazzes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Black Sheep Badazzes

Discussion of General topics.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mistress of the Spices

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yvonne (Pray4Supernova)
Admin
Yvonne (Pray4Supernova)

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Mistress of the Spices Empty
PostSubject: Mistress of the Spices   Mistress of the Spices Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 12:12 am

While I love Indian culture this movie was ultimately way too corny. Spices are a very important part of Indian culture. I remember walking into a local Indian store and the owner told me I needed hot chilis to attract a man. Umnnn what? This movie pretty much takes that idea and runs with it. The star of the movie is considered the most beautiful woman in the world. Her bollywood name is Aishwarya Rai. She is truly beautiful except when she looks up...then her eyeballs look like they are going to roll out of their sockets. She is a protector, communicator, psychic, spice doctor who knows what you need as far as spices go to make your life go in a certain direction. The catch to having such a talent is that she cannot pursue her own love interest or the spices will take revenge. She talks to the spices. Dylan McDermott is the "evil" love interest that the spices end up going all nutso about and start causing bad luck to the people she gave the spices to. She finally says to heck with the spices and goes on 1 date with him. She dresses up like the queen of india in a long red flowy gown and he wears jeans I think. match made in heaven. She tries to kill herself afterwards because she made the spices angry. Heck she made ME angry. Forget about the spices already. Don't talk to them as if they were alive. Oh and the ever present Chilis..stop that already! Evidently Chilis are hot stuff in more ways than one. I get it, Chilis, Red, LUst...whatever! Dumb! The only saving grace are the eyes on Dylan McDermott. if they weren't such a gorgeous color, I would have dumped this movie altogether. snoooooze...
Back to top Go down
Joe (chiplover)

Joe (chiplover)

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2007-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Spices   Mistress of the Spices Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 12:51 am

Tell us how you REALLY feel about the movie, Yvonne... lol!
Back to top Go down
chris

chris

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2007-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Spices   Mistress of the Spices Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 11:32 pm

Oh, she has been voted the most beautiful woman in the world so many times....just got married a couple of weeks ago and it was the wedding of the year in India, she is a huge star. One forgets that the Bollywood films make huge amounts of cash, the Indians really enjoy going to the movies. However, I have never enjoyed a single one of the films, gave up trying but I do like some of their dances. Would be even better if I had a tiny waist and could try and do them too.

Talks to the spices??' I will give this one a miss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Spices   Mistress of the Spices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mistress of the Spices
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Sheep Badazzes :: Books and Movies :: Moview to Avoid Like the Plague!-
Jump to: